- Measurement of employee satisfaction by distributing standardized surveys among employees e.g. 15five, office vibe, culture amp.
- Most of the time these surveys are conducted quarterly or twice a year. Some companies start very early (from 20 employees onwards), while others claim that results are only representable from a sample of 50 people onwards.
- In line with measuring customer loyalty, eNPS (employee Net Promoter Score) is used in employee surveys and is intended to measure employee loyalty. Thus, monitoring your company’s eNPS allows to gain a good understanding of how loyal and engaged your workforce is. The eNPS is based on a simple question e.g. “How likely are you to recommend us as a place to work for your family and friends?” - See Leapsome’s Playbook for a helpful overview: Link
- Providers that might be useful on your way:
Leapsome: Performance Management & Engagement Software
Create a cycle of performance management and personalized learning that powers employee engagement and the success of your business. Align everyone around your mission to keep that true sense of belonging. Check-in on your team's well-being, and provide them with the support they need.
ENPS: alle Infos zum Employee Net Promoter Score | Qualtrics
Grundsätzlich stellt jeder Wert über 0 ein positives Ergebnis dar, denn das bedeutet, dass das Unternehmen mehr Promoter als Kritiker beschäftigt. Bei einem Wert unter 0 sollten unbedingt Maßnahmen eingeleitet werden, um die Mitarbeiterzufriedenheit zu verbessern. Daher bietet es sich an, die ENPS-Erhebung regelmäßig zu wiederholen, um etwaige Veränderungen der Mitarbeiterzufriedenheit im Blick zu behalten.
- Furthermore, we have gathered some example questions from our portfolio companies:
- Create 5-7 overarching dimensions with not more than 25-30 questions in total
- Example of dimensions + questions:
- How long have you been with the company? (free text)
- Do you belong to the management team? (yes/no)
- How likely are you to recommend the company to a friend? (scale)
- Would you re-apply to your job? (yes/no)
- If no — Why?
- Organizational leadership
- How satisfied are you with the communication of the leadership team? (scale)
- How clear is the vision, mission, strategy? (scale)
- How could you help the company to achieve its goals? (free text)
- Culture & Values
- How do you like the team culture? (scale)
- Do you feel that co-workers treat each other with respect? (scale)
- How valued do you feel? (scale)
- Do the values of the company represent the culture? (scale)
- Office & Work Setting
- Are you happy with the current working set-up? (e.g. remote, hybrid, office) (scale)
- If no — Why?
- Benefits & Personal Development
- How clear is the career path? (scale)
- Are you able to unleash your full potential at the company? (scale)
- If no — Why?
- How happy are you with the current employee benefits? (scale)
- What benefit is missing for you personally? (free text)
- Final Questions
- What would be one thing you would change? (free text)
- Comments, Feedback (free text)
Presentation of results
- Communicating the results of your employee satisfaction survey is extremely important to make employees feel valued and heard.
- Most of our portfolio companies present the results in an all-hands meeting. Either they conduct (1) “Ask me anything”-Sessions with the founders or (2) collect the questions upfront (sometimes even anonymously) and then answer them in the meeting.