1.1 Corporate perks & benefits
Corporate perks & benefits are increasingly important for hiring and retaining talent. Employee perks help elevate a company’s employer brand; the positive vibes flow and help build a strong and positive reputation of the company outside of the workplace. And you know what they say about happy employees: happy customers aren’t far behind 🙂
When setting up your company perks, it is important to keep in mind that choice might be the best modern benefit - thus, to create an inclusive and flexible employee benefits, you will need to offer a certain range of different perks and if feasible even let your employee chose the benefits most suitable for their needs.
- Happify (Global): mental well-being support
- Nilo (GER): mental well-being support for your entire workforce, incl. 1:1 video therapy session, chat support as well as resource library & access to tools and content
- Peppy (UK): non-medical healthcare services, supporting people throughout big life transitions, incl. parenthood, menopause etc.
Recent studies show that financial concerns rank among the main sources of stress for employees who lack access to comprehensive financial care. Thus, there is a new wave of company’s that provide financial management platform for employees (incl. 1:1 coaching sessions, real-time dashboard of financial life, financial health tracker, AI-based advice etc.)
- Otto Finance (UK)
- Bippit (UK)
- Rydes (GER): enables businesses to offer flexible & sustainable transport options for all employees by covering their individual mobility needs (incl. car & bike sharing, ride hailing, kick scooter, public transport etc.)
- Bike subscription (e.g. Swapfiets)
- Coaching (e.g. Sharpist Spark)
- Language learning (e.g. Babbel)
- (Technical) Upskilling (e.g. Coleap)
- Meal subscription (e.g. Juit, HelloFresh)
- Plants for Home Office
- Grocery delivery
- Home cleaning
Remote's Global Benefits Report 2022
2,500+ decision makers and employees in key markets share the benefits that matter in the new world of work. You're a business leader expanding your workforce across the globe. With partners like Remote, international hiring has never been easier.
If you do not want to deal with several employee benefit providers, and prefer to let your employees decide, the following "one-stop shop" providers might be for you.
heyday - Flexible Perks & Benefits
Bei heyday bekommen Mitarbeiter:innen die Benefits, die sie wirklich wollen. Ganz einfach und ohne Aufwand für HR. Das Rundum-sorglos-Paket für flexible Mitarbeiter-Benefits Zeigt Euren Mitarbeiter:innen, dass Ihr Euch um sie kümmert - mit den attraktivsten Benefits am Markt. Automatisiert alle Eure Benefits Prozesse - inkl. Setup, Rechnungswesen und Lohnbuchhaltung.
Ben | Supercharge your benefits!
Meet Ben, the all-in-one benefits platform for any company - flexible, fully-automated and budget-friendly.
Nachhaltige Benefits für Ihr Unternehmen - Guud Card
Mit GuudCard lasst ihr euren Mitarbeiter:innen unkompliziert bis zu 50 Euro monatlich steuer- und sozialabgabenfrei zukommen, die dann im nachhaltigen Einzel- und Onlinehandel ausgegeben werden können. So engagiert ihr euch über den Arbeitsplatz hinaus für unseren Planeten und eine lebenswerte und vielfältige Stadt. Ladet die GuudCard monatlich mit max.
FutureBens - Sustainable Benefits - Sustainable Employee Offers - Sustainable Perks
FutureBens - Sustainable products and services at exclusive prices for employees. The future-oriented platform for employee offers.
1.2 Employee training
- Leadership Training:
- What? Leadership training typically builds on foundational skills, helping employees hone communication skills, project management, strategy, and, of course, leadership itself.
- For whom? Leadership training typically builds on foundational skills. Hence it is best to offer this training to employees who are on track to become a manager, or those recently promoted into a leadership position.
- Compliance Training:
- Compliance training is any kind of training every employee must undergo. This kind of training can range from safety to security to technical and beyond.
- For whom? All employees! Should be implemented once time core tools are updated, new harassment policies are put into place, security measures change, and so on
- Onboarding Training:
- Onboarding training should cover the essentials all new employees need to know: introductions to tools or software, communication practices, support resources, who to contact about particular issues, and so on.
- For whom? New Employees
- For a structured onboarding experience, we recommend 10lift or Kohomai
- Anti-Bias & Diversity Training:
- Anti-Bias & Diversity Training teaches employees how to respectfully work with and around people from various backgrounds.
- For whom? All employees (should be done at least every two years)
- Contact: Dana Kanze or Emma-Jayne Broadway
- Sales Training:
- Sales Training focuses on how employees can effectively advocate for the product, navigate difficult customer questions, and promote unique features.
- For whom? Sales Department
- Empower peer-to-peer learning:
- Peer-to-peer learning is a measure that not only allows employees to transmit their skills or expertise to the others; it fosters more team bonding
1.3 Flexible working arrangements
- By now, most employees "expect" flexible work arrangement. Looking at our portfolio most companies, offer at least a hybrid set-up.
- Check-out Flexa’s accreditation to outwardly publicize your flexibility
- An additional benefit could be to "allow" your employees to work X weeks from another country - note that it is important to check-out the bilateral agreements your HQ country has with other countries with regards to social security and tax.
- More and more countries, but also companies (voluntarily) are adopting the 4-days working week. The idea behind a four-day work week is to achieve the same results in fewer hours so people have more time to pursue other interests outside of work.
Flexification: Our stamp of approval | Flexa
68% of companies don't outwardly publicise their flexibility. Being verified by Flexa means that you can be discovered as a great place to work Flexification is the only accreditation for flexibility, letting candidates know that you are a truly flexible employer.
Home Office im Ausland - Das müssen Arbeitgeber beachten
Latte macchiato, Liege, Laptop - diese reizvolle Kombi wünschen sich immer mehr coronamüde Angestellte in Deutschland. Wie verlockend wäre es, das Home Office für ein paar Wochen ins Ausland zu verlegen - denn ins Büro vor Ort dürfen viele Arbeitnehmer:innen ja aufgrund der angespannten Infektionslage ohnehin nicht.
A Guide to Implementing the 4-Day Workweek
As organizations continue to explore a variety of flexible work options, one promising avenue is the four-day workweek: The standard 40 hours per week is reduced to 32 hours, with the same pay and the same productivity expectations. Research suggests reducing hours can benefit both employees and employers, but it can be difficult to go from the idea to a successful implementation.
1.4 Maternity & paternity leave + support for working parents
Even though you might not had the case yet, it will be helpful to draft a dedicated policy early on. This might also help you with regards to diverse hiring. To find the legally required minimum for Elternzeit in Germany, please find detailed information here.
- Potential benefits for working parents include:
- Flexible & remote work
- Paid parental leave (on top of governmental rules)
- Health benefits for the whole family
- Daycare offerings
1.5 Social Day for employees
- Allow your employees to take X days off to engage in volunteering (e.g. climate strike, working at NGO/NPO)
- Corporate volunteering providers that offer access to a large collection of volunteering activities:
8 Steps To Create a Corporate & Employee Volunteering Program | Alaya
Congratulations! Now that you've taken the first step to starting a corporate volunteering program. Corporate volunteering ( or employee volunteering) is an impactful way to engage your employees while contributing to the community. We're sure you have plenty of wonderful ideas you're chuffed to start putting them into action.