In the following, we have complied a list of family offices that invest in ventures. For specifics, please see the column “Investment focus/ criteria”.
1788 Capital Trust is a multi-family office based in Geneva, Switzerland. The firm provides asset management, wealth planning, and multi-family office services on a worldwide basis to high net worth individuals and families and their advisors. The assets of the firm are managed and governed by the executive management team.
- Medical technologies, industrial automation, food chain sustainability, cybersecurity, fintech, blockchain and energy efficiency
A&V Holding provides family office services of Ackermans-Voelkel family, where the asset management and all other business activities are organized. The firm invests in securities, direct investments, private equity, property, and real estate, and real estate project developments.
Ammer Capital is a multi-family office based in Zug, Switzerland. Established in 2018, the firm provides asset management and family office services to technology entrepreneurs.
The firm provides financial planning, investment management, and portfolio management services to high-net-worth individuals, families, selected institutions, and charitable trusts.
- Sustainability & Digitization
Armada Investment AG is Daniel Aegerter's venture fund and family office.
- Invest in FinTech, Logistics and Mobility, AgTech and EdTech
Family Office of Kolibri Games Founders
- Early-Stage investments into leading, innovative, and disruptive companies. - Focus on seed and pre-seed investments primarily in the areas of technology and gaming in Europe and the US.
EMH Partners is a direct investment firm based in Munich, Germany. Established in 2010, the firm invests in fast-growing SMEs in Europe and particularly in the German-speaking region with great potential for digitalization.
- Companies need to be profitable and generate between EUR 50-500m
Evolutiq is a privately held, multi-family office based in Köln, Germany. Established in 2020, the firm is a Cologne-based, independent investment management company that invests in investments and real estate assets in order to sustainably expand and strengthen its market position.
Extorel is a private equity and venture capital firm focused on investments in the semiconductor, information and web technology and clean-tech environment sectors.
- Information & Web Technology Startups- Investment sum: EUR 1-3m
FORUM Family Office (FFO) is a single-family office based in Munich, Germany. Established in 1997, the firm's mission is to invest its fortune in companies that combine a unique business model with a competitive advantage into a business franchise.
- Startups with Subscription Business Models- Industries: Healthcare, Software- Revenue of at least EUR 5m or EUR 1m EBIT- Investment size: EUR 5-50m
Franz Haniel & Cie is a Multi-Family Office based in Duisburg, Germany. Established in the year 1756, they combine the values and long-term alignment of a family-owned company with the flexibility and professionalism of a private equity investor with an aim to become the leading German family equity company.
- Investment Focus: People: Companies that help humans to live a better life, Planet: Sustainability, Circular Economy, Progress: Robotics, Industrial Tech, Logistics
Gutermann Family Office is a single-family office of Mr. Thomas Gütermann based in Gutach, Germany.
- Market Cap of over EUR 1bn needed
Horizon21 is a multi-family office based in Pfaeffikon, Switzerland. Established in 2004, the firm offers services that include investment opportunities, alternative investments, portfolio management, compliance, and controlling function, and family office
Kjup Capital is a single-family office based in Hamburg, Germany. Established in 2015, the firm is focused on direct investments into small and mid-cap companies and real estate in Germany, as well as global investments into private equity funds and private equity real estate funds.
Kodori AG is a private investment company fully owned by a family office in Zug, Switzerland.
- Investing early-stage in cybersecurity, real estate, consumer goods, medical treatments, and healthtech.
The Omidyar Network is the most active of family investment offices making direct investments into startups. Investing on behalf of eBay founder Pierre Omidyar and his spouse Pam Omidyar, a philanthropist, the network makes startup investments across all stages of the funding cycle.
Redwood City, USA
- Digital technology that has a positive impact on society
Reimann Investors is a single-family office of the Reimann family based at Grünwald, Germany. Established in 2006, the firm provides asset management services and seeks to invest in two areas: capital market investments and equity investments.
Digital Commerce, FinTech und Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
RM Beteiligungsverwaltung is a single family office based in Bad Homburg, Germany. It is the investment company of the entrepreneur and private investor Dr. Roland Metzger. The company invests primarily in early-stage companies.
Bad Homburg, GER
- Early Stage companies- Industry agnostics
Saber GmbH is a family office that invests in venture capital, private equity and real estate. The firm is an active investor in private growth companies across diverse sectors, favoring recurring revenue, capital efficiency and proactive teams. The firm offers its experience and network to provide individualized support to its portfolio investments, with the goal of helping others in building strong, sustainable companies. Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for action encourage the firm to find multi-industrial synergy in its investments. Saber GmbH is active in Europe, the US, and Israel.
- Geography: Europe, US and Israel- Industry-agnostic but have developed sector-specific focus in the areas of Biotech, Fintech and Cleantech- Series A+
SK Management- und Beteiligungs (SK - MB) is a single-family office for the Kiener family based in Baden-Baden, Germany. Established in 2013, the firm is the private asset management of the Kiener family and consists of various investment companies in the areas of real estate, financial investments, and company holdings as well as the Sigmund Kiener Foundation.
- Startups with more than 100 employees or EUR 15m in revenues- B2B-Services, FinTech, MarTech & E-Commerce
SKion is the investment company of German entrepreneur Susanne Klatten. Return-focused and value-based, we develop industrial investments across economic, industrial and technological cycles.
Bad Homburg, GER
- Germany & Europe- Revenues between 300 million and 2.5 billion Euros- Sectors: Industrial goods and services, electrical engineering, optics, renewable energy / closed-loop material cycles, IT / digitization and medical technology.
Stinson GmbH is a Single Family Office based in Offenbach, Germany. Established in the year 2012, they specialize in sustainable investments.
- Startups: entrepreneurial focus, a high development potential and a focus on sustainability.
Wille Finance is a family office based in Switzerland. Established in 2007, the firm seeks to invest in three main asset classes: real estate, listed assets, and direct venture capital.
- Early stage investments focus on Europe and life sciences as well as information and communication technology
Winterberg Group is a multi-family office based in Zug, Switzerland. Established in 2011, the firm executes two investment strategies: mature stage buyouts and provision of early-stage growth capital.
- Growth capital for start-ups (invests primarily in seed/series A financing rounds and places particular emphasis on exponential growth for portfolio companies)- Geographically, the family office focuses on the USA, Europe and South Africa- Industries: Transport & Mobility, Internet of Things, Health and Fitness and Cyber Security
Woodman is an independent investment boutique, providing wealthy individuals & family offices with wealth management services and access to core, niche & sustainable investment strategies.
- Robotics & FinTechs